Saturday, January 07, 2006

"Oh the Streets of Rome are Filled with Rubble"

Well, well, well. Look at what the cat dragged in. A new year. 2006. I wonder what this year will bring. Love, adventure, relaxation. I'm aiming for all three. That's my New Years resolution, "love, adventure, relaxation."
When I say love I don't necessarily mean finding a serious girlfriend. My thought of love encompasses many things; caring about your friends and enemies, thinking of others, not necessarily before yourself but along with yourself. I wanna love what I'm doing, put my mind and heart in to what I believe. Passion, that's what I'm aiming for. I want to be passionate in/for/because of life. Honestly, right now I feel like I'm accomplishing this to an extent. It's not something that I'm trying to develop purposely, it's more of who I've become over the years. Thanks in part to all of those who have influenced me in one way or another.
Adventure. Well, that's a given. After getting a shot of travellers adreniline when in Japan, I'm ready to see what this world has to offer and what I can offer in return. Europe, Southeast Asia, and India are all calling my name. The Middle East and Cuba are always in the back of my mind too. I'm happy I got this bug at a young age. I'm gonna travel so much in my life, I know it. Thai jungles, Romanian castles, ice melt from the Himalayas. Wow!
Relaxation. It's being accomplished right now. A cold one, the headphones on, and writing. All I need is a massage, a manicure and a facial and I'm complete. By no means when I write of relaxation do I mean laziness, although sometimes laying in bed all day encompasses both. What I mean is working hard and then relaxing. I believe in order to truly relax you have to be in situations that can be stressful and that are generally obligatory. If you just sit around all day and claim you are relaxing I'm calling you a deadbeat.
I think 2006 is gonna be an awesome year. The Niners are gonna win 6 games, family and friends are gonna stay healthy, the Kurds are going to acquire statehood, Co's turning 21, Stallone is coming out with not only a new Rocky but also, possibly, anoher Rambo. Arnold and Bush are gonna continue to suck and my shares of Sirius are gonna hit $12(I actually read this projection today...cha-ching). Raise your glasses and lets toast to another year on this marvelous planet.
peace and love,
Tyler James
ps. Sorry about the inconsistancy of my posts. I just don't have much to say.

No comments: